Date(s) - 03/14/2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join an exclusive tour into the copper mine located in the Tom Mays Unit of Franklin Mountains State Park. We’ll unlock the gate at the mine shaft entrance and take a small group into this mysterious mine shaft for a tour to learn about the geology and history of El Paso and the Franklins. No climbing is necessary, just one tight squeeze to enter the mine.
Cost: $25 Adults 18 and over. $15 children 5-17 years of age. Minimum total group size is 5, maximum total size is 12. (Individuals may sign up for the tour – total size of group will be between five and twelve.)
You must call 915-526-1091 to make a reservation and prepay for this adventure. Cancellations more than 48 hours in advance will receive 50% refunds. No refunds within 48 hours.
- We’ll meet at the Mundy’s Gap Trailhead inside the Tom Mays Unit of Franklin Mountains State Park. BE PROMPT!
- Total tour time is approximately 90 minutes.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- There is a 1/4-mile walk on a rocky trail from the parking area to the mine entrance.
- Temperature inside the mine is a relatively constant 65ºF.
- No food or drink allowed inside the mine.
- Bring a working flashlight, if possible.
- Hardhats/helmets will be supplied.