Date(s) - 01/27/2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
SOLD OUT! Join an exclusive tour into the copper mine located in the Tom Mays Unit of Franklin Mountains State Park. We’ll unlock the gate at the mine shaft entrance and take a small group into this mysterious mine shaft for a tour to learn about the geology and history of El Paso and the Franklins. No climbing is necessary, just one tight squeeze to enter the mine.
Cost: $25 Adults 18 and over. $15 children 5-17 years of age. Minimum total group size is 5, maximum total size is 12. (Individuals may sign up for the tour – total size of group will be between five and twelve.)
You must call 915-526-1091 to make a reservation and prepay for this adventure. Cancellations more than 48 hours in advance will receive 50% refunds. No refunds within 48 hours.
- We’ll meet at the Mundy’s Gap Trailhead inside the Tom Mays Unit of Franklin Mountains State Park. BE PROMPT!
- Total tour time is approximately 90 minutes.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- There is a 1/4-mile walk on a rocky trail from the parking area to the mine entrance.
- Temperature inside the mine is a relatively constant 65ºF.
- No food or drink allowed inside the mine.
- Bring a working flashlight, if possible.
- Hardhats/helmets will be supplied.